TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
All members must:
• Abide by the Principles of the U3A movement.
• Always act in the best interests of the U3A and never do anything to bring the U3A into disrepute.
• Abide by the terms and conditions of the constitution.
• Treat fellow members with respect and courtesy at all times.
• Comply with and support the decisions of the elected committee.
• Advise the Database Manager firstname.lastname@example.org in writing of any change in your personal details.
U3A requires members to provide personal information to fulfil our contract with you, and to keep you informed about events and activities that are offered as part of your membership. In collecting your information U3A will:
• Store it securely for membership purposes.
• Use it to communicate with you as a U3A member
• Share your information with group leaders for those groups that you are a member of
• Send you general information about the Third Age Trust (the national organisation to which U3As are affiliated)
Trip refund policy. Following the recent possible cancellation of a trip due to bad weather, the issue of whether refunds can be used was discussed in committee. U3A insurance does not include personal accident/injury or travel insurance, these are the personal responsibility of each U3A member to take out. Inform members that any refunds obtained would be passed on but it will not be possible to refund items like theatre tickets if a trip is cancelled due to poor weather, coach accident, train strike etc. The following is an example of the type of wording to give to members going on paid trips:
- Very rarely an event booked by a U3A group may have to be cancelled. If a refund is obtained this will be passed onto the appropriate group members.
- There may be circumstances where one element is cancelled but another part is not. For example a trip to a play may be affected by the weather so the coach journey cannot go ahead but the play still goes ahead.
- The coach company will issue refunds in line with their contract, but as the play still goes ahead that element is not refundable.
- Should the play be cancelled any refund would depend on their terms and conditions. In that event any late cancellation of the coach may result in the group still having to pay the full cost of the hire so there would be no refund available for that element.
- The U3A insurance does not cover these circumstances.